Bankruptcy Workshops in Jacksonville
Conducted by Jacksonville Bankruptcy Law Firm
We can help you answer the question: "How did I end up in bankruptcy and how do I make certain it doesn’t happen again?"
WHO: Workshop is available for the clients of the bankruptcy law firm of Lansing Roy, P.A. who are interested in acquiring tools to help them in their economic fresh start.
WHEN: Workshop is broken up into four one-hour sessions held on Tuesday nights beginning at 7:00 p.m. sharp and concluding around 8:15 p.m. Workshops are held in odd numbered months (January, March, May, July, September, November).
WHERE: The workshop is held in our lobby.
HOW: Call our office at (904) 574-5499 if you are interested in attending the workshop. We recommend that you start with Session 1 since there will be some carry-over from prior lessons in each session.
COST: FREE. There is no cost to the clients of this law firm.
Session 1: What In The Heck Happened? (First Tuesday)
- Avoiding common debt traps
- Debt slavery
- Watch out for low monthly payments
- How much does it cost to buy on credit?
- When to grab your wallet and run
- What about a lease?
- Are debt consolidation loans a good idea?
- Stop beating yourself up
- Overcoming the road blocks to financial freedom.
Session 2: What Can I Do Differently Now? (Second Tuesday)
- Living on cash
- Expect the unexpected—be ready for unexpected expenses
- Breaking credit bondage
- How to live better on less money
- Food expenses—money in one end and out the other
- Finding the holes where the money leaks out
- Never fear bills again
Session 3: Damage Control (Third Tuesday)
- Cleaning up credit report
- Your rights under the Fair Credit Reporting Act
- Back in the saddle—re-establishing responsible credit
- Don’t fall in the same traps
Session 4: Financial Resources For The Future (Fourth Tuesday)
- Auto financing, briefly covered
- Position yourself for a low-cost, A+ mortgage loan
- Avoid hidden mortgage costs and reduce closing costs
Thomas R. Abbott
Tom is a graduate of the University of Pittsburgh (BA, MA). He retired as a Navy Commander after a 20-year career as a Naval Intelligence Officer. His experience includes time as a licensed life insurance agent, a credit counselor, and a mortgage loan officer. He joined the firm as a bankruptcy paralegal in 1997.
For more information, contact Lansing Roy, P.A. today!